It is still…Happy New Year! Very pleased that so many of you responded to my last share of 8 good things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the internet. Sometimes that is nice too 😉
3) “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” ~Edmund Hillary, one of the first climbers to summit Mt. Everest, 1953. And for the record, you don’t have to climb the world’s tallest mountain to do this.
5) Another quote that I am loving this week. “Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great”, Orison Swett Marden, founded Success magazine, 1897.
6) After my last email to all of you, my lovely friend and winner of Survivor Australia, Tina Wesson, reminded me of a wonderful book to share. It’s called The Untethered Soul, by Michael Singer. Taking a line from the book: If you’re smart, you’ll take the time to step back, examine [the] voice [inside your head] and get to know it better. Michael Singer offers some beautiful insights on this. It’s a #1 New York Times Bestseller. You can find the book, here.
7) Because it’s cold season. Did you know that one of the best ways to prevent illnesses and the spread of infection is by simply washing your hands? After two-years of study, a hand-washing team showed 45% less cases of respiratory illness, compared to the year before they each started the research program. And in case you didn’t know, there is a proper hand-washing procedure (2:08 mins.)
8) I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf, August 1st – 7th. Details are here: Primordial Happiness.
Sojourn, Inc. 7095 Hollywood Blvd 843 Los Angeles, California 90028-8912 United States (323) 661-6258
Every three weeks, we bring you
eight big ideas to help you live better.
8 Good Things is a newsletter of insightful, inspirational articles, videos, and reflections you will not find elsewhere in one place that is simple and easy to digest delivered to your inbox as our gift.
“Your opening comments... ‘Let there be a pandemic of compassion, love, and gratitude’ made me a bit emotional and hopeful this morning.”
“I can’t think of a better time for your 8 Good Things.”
“Maria Baltazzi is one of life’s angels, who is exceedingly generous with her wisdom and insight. Do yourself a favor and sign up for her newsletter.”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.