Happy Friday! Happy February! Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the Internet 😉
1) “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves”. Quote by Edmund Hillary, New Zealand mountaineer, explorer, and philanthropist. On May 29th, 1953, he became the first to summit Everest, the tallest mountain in the world. We invite you to follow in the footsteps that Edmund once walked to Everest Base Camp in Nepal. His philanthropic spirit will be present when proceeds from your trip go towards a nonprofit of your choice. Details at sojournexplorers.com.
2) A ‘trip’ a day keeps the doctor away. Here are a few reasons why your physical health and well-being depends on a little adventure. Check out the article.
3) Everyone walks a different path, even when you are traveling. Find out what type of explorer you are with this quiz, it’s fun!
4) A wise princess once said, “One shoe can change your life.” Quote by Cinderella. The importance of good foot support while trekking is huge. Suggest trying the Airr Orthotic Shoe Insole. Its ultimate cushioning and shock absorbing technology has supported my feet on many trips. Check out the Airr Orthoic Insole.
5) Vulnerability may be the source of difficult feelings like fear and shame. However, vulnerability is also responsible for joy and happiness. Researcher and storyteller, Brené Brown takes us through this revelation on TEDX. Watch the video.
6) The concept of happiness has been discussed for centuries. Even philosophers have different takes on happiness. Here are thoughts from the world’s greatest thinkers. Read this article.
7) Since we are in the month of love, a quote from Mahatma Gandhi, “Where there is love, there is life”
8) I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf, August 1st – 7th. If you want more life balance, and less stress, then this retreat is for you. You will leave feeling more centered, and in control of your daily life. Learn how to master happiness, using practical, easy-to-use tools to make your days more joyful and meaningful. Details are here: Primordial Happiness.
Maria Baltazzi: Founder, Emmy-winning Producer, Fundraiser, Seven-continent Distance Walker, Purveyor of Happiness, and Meditation Teacher
Follow Sojourn Explorers
Follow Picture Happiness
Sojourn, Inc. 7095 Hollywood Blvd 843 Los Angeles, California 90028-8912 United States (323) 661-6258
Every three weeks, we bring you
eight big ideas to help you live better.
8 Good Things is a newsletter of insightful, inspirational articles, videos, and reflections you will not find elsewhere in one place that is simple and easy to digest delivered to your inbox as our gift.
“Your opening comments... ‘Let there be a pandemic of compassion, love, and gratitude’ made me a bit emotional and hopeful this morning.”
“I can’t think of a better time for your 8 Good Things.”
“Maria Baltazzi is one of life’s angels, who is exceedingly generous with her wisdom and insight. Do yourself a favor and sign up for her newsletter.”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.