4) World’s biggest underground bike parking center opens in Utrecht. Traveling on a bike in the Netherlands is so popular that they now have a three-story underground bike parking structure. It is open 24-hours a day.
5) Silicon Valley is obsessed with meditation, and there is new evidence it changes the brain for the better. I have been teaching Mindfulness, Primordial Sound Meditation and Prayer of the Heart for some years now. For me, mediation has been a total game-changer in my life. If you do not have a practice, I would strongly urge you to start one. Find out why. The article also recommends retreats, please scroll down to see the ones I am leading.
6) 35 Affirmations That Will Change Your Life. “Affirmations are proven methods of self-improvement because of their ability to rewire our brains.” Basically, they help break up negative thought patterns which often lead to negative speech as well as actions. I like this one: “My thoughts are filled with positivity and my life is plentiful with prosperity.” Find your favorite affirmation.
7) Meet 99-year old Pittsburgh Pirates usher, Phil Coyne, very sweet. “I get more hugs and kisses now than I ever did in my life.”
CBS ON THE ROAD
8) Maya Angelou’s Top 10 Rules for Success. Love, love Maya. Rule number one, just do right. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues.” Find out the other nine.
“Faith is taking the first step
even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
Upcoming Sojourn Events