Happy Friday! If you are in Los Angeles, hope you have managed to stay warm and dry these last few days! Here is this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the Internet 😉
1) Ever heard of ‘fernweh’? It is another word for ‘wanderlust’. Actually, it is really looking at homesickness in a different way. ‘Homesickness’ is a yearning to go home, though what about our yearning for a new place? That is what is called ‘fernweh’, n. a crave for travel; being homesick for somewhere you’ve never been. We can help you satisfy this craving, check out our destinations: sojournexplorers.com. Happy to curate an adventure that is uniquely yours.
2) Incredible journey! 93,000 YouTube and Instagram followers. After selling scan technology to Snapchat, newfound millionaire, Garrett Gee, sold his belongings to travel with his family. They call themselves The Bucket List Family. Read about them here.
3) Facts that will make you want to travel. More reasons to support your desire to explore the world. Here is a hint: investing in experiences actually leads to more fulfillment than having material goods. Watch this YouTube.
4) It is still cold season. Guess what? It looks like chocolate can help you. Read this article.
5) There is a science to finding happiness. It has to do with genes, events, and values. Based on almost 11 years of my researching and studying happiness, I would also add the conscious choice to be happy. This New York Times article backs up my thought on this.
6) In our hectic society, here are a few words of wisdom on how silence can heal your brain. Read more.
7) I’ve begun to realize that you can listen to silence and learn from it. It has a quality and a dimension all its own. ~Chaim Potok, American author and Rabbi, known for The Chosen (1967)
8) I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf, August 1st – 7th. If you want more life balance, and less stress, then this retreat is for you. You will leave feeling more centered, and in control of your daily life. Learn how to master happiness, using practical, easy-to-use tools to make your days more joyful and meaningful. Details are here: Primordial Happiness.
Maria Baltazzi: Founder, Emmy-winning Producer, Fundraiser, Seven-continent Distance Walker, Purveyor of Happiness, and Meditation Teacher
Follow Sojourn Explorers
Follow Picture Happiness
Sojourn, Inc. 7095 Hollywood Blvd 843 Los Angeles, California 90028-8912 United States (323) 661-6258
Every three weeks, we bring you eight big ideas to help you live better.
8 Good Things is a newsletter of insightful, inspirational articles, videos, and reflections you will not find elsewhere in one place that is simple and easy to digest delivered to your inbox as our gift.
“Your opening comments... ‘Let there be a pandemic of compassion, love, and gratitude’ made me a bit emotional and hopeful this morning.”
“I can’t think of a better time for your 8 Good Things.”
“Maria Baltazzi is one of life’s angels, who is exceedingly generous with her wisdom and insight. Do yourself a favor and sign up for her newsletter.”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.