Hello! Hope today finds you well and good. Hope you enjoy this week’s 8 Good Things. This is my year-long weekly gift that is meant to be helpful, inspirational, aspirational, and informational. If I miss a Friday, it is because I am somewhere with no access to the internet 😉
1) 10 Wonderful Benefits of Traveling. I will give you three and you can read the rest: Improves social and communication skills, ensures peace of mind, helps you get creative and original thoughts.
2) One of my favorite sojourn quotes, posted on our Facebook page this week: “The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” ~Sir Richard Burton.
3) Where can you climb one of the seven summits and drink great wine? Mt. Aconcagua (22,841ft.) and Malbec pair nicely in Argentina (well, pre or post climb!) This year we are doing a climb in support of the Green Beret Foundation. The climb is being led by world-class climbing guides, Willie and Damien Benegas. Here is what they have to say: “We could not be more proud to be working with this great organization, looking forward to sharing this upcoming Aconcagua trip with you all.” Details here.
4) I was recently at a book signing for The Lost City of the Monkey God by Douglas Preston, best-selling author and a fellow Explorers Club member. If you want to read a real Indiana Jones adventure, pick up this book! An Amazon Best Book of January 2017: In 2012, author Douglas Preston joined a team of explorers searching for Ciudad Blanca (“The White City”), a legendary ruin hidden in the dense jungle of eastern Honduras. To this point the city – also known as “the Lost City of the Monkey God” – was literally a legend; while various hucksters and hoaxers had claimed to have discovered the abandoned metropolis, no credible evidence had ever been presented, and its very existence remained shrouded in doubt. In addition to the objective hazards of tropical disease, wild boars, and the deadly fer-de-lance viper, locals stoked the mystique, describing various curses awaiting would-be discoverers. Don’t pick the flowers, or you’ll die.
5) The Words You Need to Win Negotiations. Listen to what Chris Voss, former FBI hostage negotiator has to say. I have met Chris a few times. His talks are always insightful, and he always packs a room.
7) And one of my favorite happiness quotes, posted on our Facebook page this week: Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions. ~Dalai Lama
8) I am doing my 2nd annual Happiness Meditation Retreat in Bali at the award-winning Floating Leaf, August 1st – 7th. I have been studying and researching happiness for almost 11 years, and now want show you how to master happiness, giving you practical, easy-to-use tools to make your days more joyful and meaningful. Details are here: Primordial Happiness.
Sojourn, Inc. 7095 Hollywood Blvd 843 Los Angeles, California 90028-8912 United States (323) 661-6258
Every three weeks, we bring you eight big ideas to help you live better.
8 Good Things is a newsletter of insightful, inspirational articles, videos, and reflections you will not find elsewhere in one place that is simple and easy to digest delivered to your inbox as our gift.
“Your opening comments... ‘Let there be a pandemic of compassion, love, and gratitude’ made me a bit emotional and hopeful this morning.”
“I can’t think of a better time for your 8 Good Things.”
“Maria Baltazzi is one of life’s angels, who is exceedingly generous with her wisdom and insight. Do yourself a favor and sign up for her newsletter.”
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.